Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Wednesday 7 June 2017

"Quilt as Desired" - Today's Quilter, June 2017

I was very pleased to see this feature, which appeared in the June edition of Today's Quilter.
It is titled "Quilt as Desired" and is primarily about hand quilting. I had written up some tips to share, but the rest of the article is the result of a telephone interview with Anne, the author of this piece. As I was having my little VW serviced in Stowmarket back in March, I found a comfy seat in front of the duckpond at the Museum of East Anglia and chatted for about an hour...
 


The photos which I sent in have turned out well, and I think that the text, which is pitched at "improvers" or "beginners", is well written. No obvious mistakes!(which is important after years of proofreading and correcting student scripts....)


I was even mentioned on the front cover! just to say that I am very pleased..

 Now, just to see a published copy of the V & A book that I have submitted three projects for, but I am not sure when that is to be be published....

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I've enjoyed your blog in the past, and have just rediscovered it. I love hand quilting and Welsh quilts too.

    ReplyDelete